Our first VegansofLDN recipe comes from guest blogger Jessie Mulhern. We love buying our avocados ripe from independent markets (there's a great guy in the Stratford Centre), and we pick up Sriracha from New Loon Moon in Chinatown.
You might have heard of scrambled tofu as an egg replacer, but we think scrambling chickpeas takes it to the next level - as Jessie shows us below.
- Sauté onion and garlic in a pan in coconut oil
- Mash chickpeas in a bowl in a little bit of the water from the can (leave some whole)
- Mix in whatever spices you want I used 1tsp chilli powder, 1 tumeric, 1 cumin, salt and pepper
- When onion and garlic is fragrant add chickpea mix and some chopped up tomato & spinach - sauté 5 mins
- Grate sweet potato with cheese grater - cook in some dairy-free butter for 5 mins.
Add Sriracha on top of course, I also added BBQ sauce!